What to Expect During Your Cabinet Refacing Consultation
If you are looking to update the look of your kitchen, save money by refacing your cabinets instead of replacing them. Typically, cabinet refacing can save you up to 50% of your remodeling project plus a whole kitchen can be transformed in 5 days! If you are interested in getting your cabinets refaced, the first step is to schedule a consultation. Here is what so expect during your cabinet refacing consultation.
Firstly, lets look at what cabinet refacing is. It is when your cabinets are transformed by being reskinned using a high-quality, durable veneer and new doors and drawer faces are installed. This means you can change anything you want about the look of your cabinets: style, wood, finish, and hardware.
Now that you are intrigued, the next step is to get a free estimate and we do that with a free in-home consultation. We make the process as easy and stress-free as possible. Here are a few things you should be aware of for your appointment:
- Have an idea of the door style you are interested in. Before your consultation we will ask you if you know the style of door you are interested in or at least have pictures of the kitchens you like the look of. We offer 9 main door styles and as a part of your appointment we will bring several of the panels for you to look at. You can see the different door styles on our website, https://cabinetrefacingmi.com/product-options/.
- Have an idea of the wood/color you are interested in. Again, having reference images are helpful because they will give us an idea of what you are looking for. We offer 7 different wood types with many of them available in up to 18 stains. We also have an extensive selection of paints with 34 options. Check our more information on the different wood options on our Cabinet Wood Types blog.
- We’ll do an inspection of your cabinets. It is important for us to determine whether your cabinets are a good candidate for refacing. We can’t guarantee that every cabinet is able to be refaced. Check out our blog on 3 Points to Determine Whether You Should Replace or Reface for tips on what we look for.
- We’ll discuss small changes you want made. As part of your kitchen update project, you may want to add additional cabinets, an island or move things around slightly. All this, within reason, can be done. With our cabinet refacing project we can add additional cabinets or island and reface all your cabinets to match, making you kitchen look brand new. We don’t do extensive projects just as remove walls, move plumbing, lay flooring, etc. But we are happy to coordinate with other contractors.
- We’ll take measurements. In order to give you an accurate quote we need to measure your current cabinets as well as any additions you want made.
Our consultations are completely free and come with no obligations. Visit our website to see some of our past projects of kitchen transformation. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions: 248-669-1200!