According to the urologist in Ludhiana, “Patients who are at the last stage of renal disease can benefit from dialysis. With dialysis, both the quality and the quantity of life can be ameliorated.”
Note: To make sure the kidney health is maintained, the patient must keep up with the regular check-up visits to the kidney hospital in Punjab.
What do you mean by dialysis?
The kidneys are accounted for carrying out the following functions:
- Removal of the surplus fluids
- Conversion of the excessive products into urine
So whenever the kidneys fail to perform the above-mentioned functions then the need to undergo dialysis comes into emergence. Kidney Dialysis is one of the medical procedures that provide proper assistance in carrying out those functions of the kidneys without which the body will keep on getting deteriorated.
What happens if the renal disease afflicted patient does not consider taking up the dialysis?
The patients suffering from kidney issues may experience a highly toxic buildup of fluid and the waste bi-products that may make the patient suffer from serious health implications which may or may not include death.
How many kinds of dialysis are there?
Dialysis can be of two different types:
- Peritoneal diseases
Did you know?
Most of the individuals who require dialysis can choose which type of procedure they would like to prefer. Both the procedures are equally efficacious.
However, both of them come with their benefits and disadvantages that the patient must consider.
To cut down the need to use the machine, Peritoneal dialysis makes use of the abdomen lining as the filter. Because of the following, it becomes extremely suitable for the machine to filter the products and allow it to do the movements of the substances:
- Vast Network Of The Capillaries
- A layer of mesothelial cells
How many kinds of PDs are there?
PDs can be of the following types:
- Automatic Peritoneal Dialysis
- Continuous Peritoneal Dialysis
Both of these have their advantages and disadvantages.
Which are the predominant benefits of the PD?
Following are the predominant benefits of the PD:
- The most advantageous thing about the procedure is that it can be carried out in the comfortable premises of the patient’s home.
- Another thing that will astonish you is that the procedure can be run even when the patient is asleep.
Which are the various disadvantages of the procedure?
- One of the greatest disadvantages of PD is that it should be carried out every day. It is some kind of inconvenience, as it may interfere with your privacy as well.
- Not all, But in some of the cases, the patients may experience scarring and thickening of the peritoneum. If the patient is not able to bear this disadvantage, then they should switch to hemodialysis.
How did you like the above-mentioned information on Peritoneal dialysis? If you have found it useful then we shall publish more information regarding this thing in our forthcoming articles.