Possible signs and symptoms of cataracts
A cataract is an eye condition due to which the person is not able to see properly due to the formation of cloudy lenses in the normal lens. If you think it can happen all of a sudden then it is not true as this condition happens over some time and then slowly it can affect the vision. The prevalence rate of cataracts is higher among individuals at the age of 40 but the symptoms are noticeable when you turn 60. It is important to take proper care of your eyes and visit the best eye specialist without any delay. Consulting the eye doctor at the best eye hospital in Ludhiana will give you the best treatment plan to manage the condition if there is any problem.
What are the possible symptoms of cataracts?
- Cloudy vision
As we have mentioned above, the cataracts are not going to result in a problem right away but as time passes the situation is going to get worse and your vision will get cloudy.
- Frequent need for a new eyeglass prescription
If you already wear eyeglasses but you have to get the eyeglass prescription frequently then cataracts might be the reason for this condition. In this condition, you have to consult the eye doctor at the earliest and get your eyes tested for this condition.
- Eyes start getting yellow
When cataracts develop the protein starts forming in the lens. Due to this, it is going to make the eyes look yellow & brownish. This happens when the light that enters the eyes will notice a yellow tint. The problem occurs due to the way the colors are seen and then it will get difficult to notice the difference between the colors.
- Several health issues
In some cases, the health issues can be a possible sign of cataracts like binocular double vision and diplopia. The problem with the lens due to cataract is the reason you will notice 2 or more than that images of the object.
- Halos and glare are seen everywhere
Due to cataracts, it is possible to have problems doing normal activities like reading newspapers, seeing things from a distance, using stairs, and walking. When the cloudy formation is formed then it is possible then it can cause or hurt the eyes more than you expect. There are high chances you will have difficulty driving at midnight.
What are the ways to prevent cataracts?
Here are some of the ways which you can opt for to prevent cataracts from forming or getting worse:
- Eat a healthy diet that includes Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E. Add minerals and antioxidants like omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zeaxanthin, and much more to your diet.
- Protect the eyes from ultraviolet rays as they can increase the risk of age-related macular degeneration and cataracts. It is better to protect the eyes from harmful sun rays by wearing a hat, scarf, or eyeglasses.
- You have to control the blood sugar level as it is one of those conditions which put a direct eye on the eyes. In medical terms it is known as diabetic retinopathy which makes the eyes light sensitive. There are high chances it can lead to retinal swelling and blood leak.
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol and do not smoke.